In order to promote teaching and research in Intellectual Property Rights Studies the Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India had set up six IPR Chairs at the following Universities:
National Law School of Indian University, Bangalore
Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin
Ten new chairs have recently been added in specific areas. These are:
i) On IP Management.
1. Indian Institute of Management, Allahabad.
2. Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata.
3. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
ii) In areas of IPRs pertaining to patents, trademarks, industrial designs and geographical indicators.
4. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
5. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
6. Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
7. Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
iii) Intellectual Property Rights and Development.
9. Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi.
10. Centre for Economic Studies and Planning, Jawahawar Lal Nehru University
The Scientist, the Patent and the Mangoes - Tripling the Mango Yield in the Philippines
By Elizabeth March, WIPO Magazine Editorial Team** Source: WIPO Magazine Issue No. 6/2008 dated June 2008 Read More >>